This is the crowning jewel when I want to impress my guests with a to-die-for dessert. It’s so easy to make HALF BAKED COOKIE DOUGH SUNDAES that you’ll be making them all the time! Unless of course they have an issue with half baked cookies, then it will be a massive failure. But since pretty much everyone except my husband likes this, I think you’ll be happy to serve it to your family or guests. And like my other “easy desserts”, you don’t need a recipe!
- Chocolate chip cookie dough (can be Sisters’ Gourmet, Pillsbury from a roll, or frozen dough from the cheerleader who sold it to you last year)
- Ice cream
- Hot fudge (while the fudge might be considered optional to some, it’s not to me)
- After pre-heating the oven per the directions for your cookie dough, scoop the dough about twice the normal size for cookies and place on your pan.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until the edges just start to set up. The top may even start to brown, but the middles are still gooey.
- Remove from oven and immediately place each cookie in a bowl, top with ice cream and hot fudge, and serve. That’s it!
Of course I used Sisters’ Gourmet Classic Chocolate Chip cookie dough, but any brand will do (it just won’t be as good as mine, but whatever). These doughballs are about twice the size I would use for making cookies.
From this angle, it’s a little hard to tell that the cookie is quite “tall”, so it’s super gooey in the middle even though it has browned around the edges. Don’t you just want to grab that spoon and take a bite?
Super yummy dessert – so easy!